Thursday, June 12, 2014

Project I am most proud of


I am most proud of my Oaxacan bowl.  My Oaxacan bowl is my most personal, skillfully made, and creative piece of art.  When I look at it, it speaks to me.  It is a reflection of who I am.  I am not exaggerating when I say it is probably my most proud work of art I've ever made.  I've always known that I wasn't a great artist and never expected to make anything that good.  The painting is very detailed.  It is thickly coated, but the colors don't drip or overlap.  My favorite thing about the art work however, is the design.  I find it very creative and original.  It is kind of funny, yet majestic and even a little sad in my opinion.  The way the lion looks up at the one star longingly is something everyone can relate to.  This work has given me confidence to be creative outside of art class.

No comments:

Post a Comment