Thursday, June 12, 2014

How I think about art

This class has given me a better understanding of myself as an artist.  I used to think that being artistic was something you were born with.  You either had it or you didn't.  I always figured I wasn't artistic because I always wanted to draw cartoon faces instead of real ones.  This class showed me that anyone can be an artist.  I learned that being an artist is actually more about creativity than skill.  Maybe I can't replicate Van Gogh as well as another kid or know which colors will go the best together, but I think I do have good, creative ideas.  Art is making something that expresses yourself and I think I accomplished that on a lot of my work this semester.  I am much more proud of myself than I thought I would be going into this class.  I probably won't take any more art classes in the high school, but that doesn't mean I won't make different kinds of art outside of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment