Thursday, March 6, 2014

Color Collage

Purpose:
To become familiar with color meaning and associations;
To use color knowledge so that students will make purposeful choices when using color
Answer:
I learned that just because it is white, does not mean it can’t have meaning and be interesting to look at.  White actually has many shades and each one represents something different, for example, pure, bright white often represents purity.  I also learned that white is a very hard color to do because it is often matched with other colors like black to create a contrast.  Therefor, when you cut it out of a magazine and put it on your collage, the little black that is there automatically attracts the eye.  Finally, I learned that it is important to plan out your collage before you paste and do the edges first.  At first I pasted my biggest images close to the edge but not all the way on the edge.  This proved to be challenging trying to cover up those edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment